Behaviour Management Policy:At Kidz Inc. a caring, affectionate manner is displayed towards children. We encourage them to be
independent and self directing leading towards them eventually becoming truly responsible for their
own behaviour. We believe that all children have a right to discipline that should not be confused with
punishment. If a child is in an environment that provides positive behaviour, unacceptable behaviour
will diminish in time as the child learns and grows. Staff will work together with the parents in order
to implement effective ways of managing and moulding children's' behaviour. Behaviour modification
needs to involve all adults who have close contact with the child. This enables the rules to be
consistently reinforced. Staff will endeavour to assist children in developing self esteem and positive
behaviour patterns in the following ways;
- Praising or criticising the behaviour rather then the child.
- Encouraging and building a child's self esteem.
- Using play and games with rules to help the child learn and understand boundaries.
- Staff leading by example as children imitate behaviour.
- Being consistent by meaning "No" when they say "No".
- Clarifying rules and expectations of behaviour.
- Reinforcing positive behaviour at all times